Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Breezy Northern Sea Oats


It's been a really hot and dry summer here in southern Wisconsin.  Many of my flowers have packed up and gone home, but my northern sea oats continue to dutifully sway despite the hot wind. 

Isaiah 40:8 says, "the grass withers, and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."  I just assume that if I plant my flowers, fertilize, water, and weed, my flowers will bloom, as they always have.  That's what always happens.  But this year, with the hot winds, the rock hard ground, and the lack of moisture from above, they are few and far between. 

Really, what can we truly count on in this rocky economy, this severe drought, problems popping up uninvited here and there?  Actually, not much. But, thankfully, what we can count on is all we need. 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bonnielynn said...

And the ones you gave me are growing profusely despite all this heat.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

We got a bit of rain last night - I hope you did too!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Homemanager said...

Elizabeth! I love this picture with the Northern Sea Oats! Beautiful!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Maria said...

Super amazing! :)

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home