Friday, April 18, 2008

Who am I?

I just finished pressing these beautiful spring flowers a few minutes ago, but I have no idea what they are. My aunt gave me the bulbs last fall, but I forgot to write down what she said they were. They also come in pink. Do any of you know?

As you can see, the delicate color of the flowers came out brilliantly with the microfleur, but the slender leaves turned slightly brown. A quick touch up with a moss green prisma color marker will quickly take care of that.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz,
How about "Glory of the Snow" ?????

Bonnielynn

8:49 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are amazing! I looked up "Glory of the Snow" on google images and there are scores of flowers just like mine. Thanks Bonnie!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
I am the granddaughter of a woman (long gone) who made "pressed-flower pictures" in the Victorian tradition, and seeing yours has brought me back. Beautiful.
Yes, those are Chionodoxa, glory of the snow, one of the bravest little bulbs of all.
Thanks for noting my blog on yours. I am in good company!
Margaret

4:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Margaret.

The simple beauty of the "flower combination" pictures in your early gardening articles in MSL have greatly influenced the way I tend to arrange my pressed flower compositions.
It was a treat to come across your blog, and I look forward to being a regular reader.
I'm honored that you stopped by!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Elizabeth,
I am a blogger also but into crafts and houses, etc. I really am not knowledgeable about the work that goes into pressing, and growing flowers.
A friend of mine sent me some photos of this type of work and I put them on my
blog.
You might like to drop over and take a peek at his and his wife's work. I just Googled in pressed flower blogs and
yours came up. I think they are beautiful and you might enjoy them also. My blog is http://mythoughtsand creations.blogspot.com/

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home