Monday, March 17, 2008

"Waiting Flowers"

I know I showed you a scan of this picture two weeks ago, but here it is framed.

I looked long and hard at this picture, trying to figure out what to call it. It finally occurred to me that these flowers look like they are trying to see what's ahead - they're waiting for something...anticipating something.

I love this verse: "In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you, and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

I'm so amazed that every morning (and whenever I want through out the day) I can go and lay out all my requests, concerns, and frustrations out before Him.... to the God of the entire universe - and He actually listens! And, He actually acts on our behalf, if our sights are set on Him (Romans 8:28). If you really think about that, it is absolutely mind boggling, and incredibly humbling all at the same time.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

The picture and your title. Your thoughts are especially poignant during Holy week.

Patty

11:50 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you Patty, I'm glad you like the picture as well as the title. Have a blessed Holy Week...

Elizabeth

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home