Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Daffodils

God made a masterpiece when He made daffodils, didn't He?

It's looking like spring might have been canceled in Wisconsin this year, but if you've been blessed with spring weather where you are, you might find this question and answer about pressing daffodils useful:

Dear Elizabeth,

I am an English A Level student currently studying art in my first year. For my exam I am creating a collage based around daffodils including photographs and painting but would also like to include dried out daffodils, but am at a loss where to start! I wanted to include a large proportion of the stem (to give a 'still planted' impression) so the microfleur press doesn't seem to be large enough!

Do you have an suggestions or advice? I'm sorry if I have missed anything already mentioned on your website (which is wonderful by the way!) about this specific flower. I appreciate that you obviously get a lot of emails but I await your reply as daffodils are, sadly, briefly seasonal.

Thanks, Rachel

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for your kind compliment regarding my site. Your collage sounds like it will be very interesting! I'd love to see it.

If I were you, I'd press the flower in the Microfleur, and press the stem (and leaves?) separately in a large book. The stem and leaves will probably turn brown, but you could recolor them with a green leaf colored marker (Prismacolor markers are good). Also, since daffodil stems are thick, try slicing them in half.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards, Elizabeth

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home