Friday, May 09, 2008

You frame it Friday

Today's "you frame it" pressed flower art selection is a collage of two petite brilliant purple tulips. Purple tulips are some what rare, and these two are from the back yard of the Antioch Fine Arts Gallery.

I love that these tulips are a bit smaller than the typical tulip, but my favorite thing about them is their beautifully graceful stems.

These tulips have been mounted on my 5 x 7" handmade paper, which in turn is mounted on a standard sized sheet (81/2 x 11') of Gilbert Oxford card stock. The pressed flowers and foliage have been sealed with a UV resistant and moisture proof polymer, so they're well protected. This collage would work in a standard 5 x 7", 8 x 12", or an 11 x 14" frame. I think I'd go with the 11 x 14" frame with this one.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home