Wednesday, April 23, 2008

molds and deckles

Here's what I'll be doing this morning - stretching and stapling the screening that goes on the deckles for my Going Green Paper Making Kits. I received a fresh batch of frames from my craftsman yesterday (I'm enjoying the wonderful scent of the freshly cut pine) and he did an excellent job on them.

My paper making kit seems to be a good fit with Earth Day, and thankfully I've been blessed with quite a bit of interest in them this year, including Allie, from Posh Cravings.

I'm thrilled that soon Inspiration Ministries will be taking care of the packaging of the kits for me. Their clients will be putting together the sturdy boxes the kits come in, and will be labeling and filling the "inclusion" bags with lavender, blender flax, flower petals, shredded money, and colorful fibers. They will also be cutting the reusable "couching" sheets and the bendable copper wire included in every kit. Currently they are completing a time study of the project, and once that's completed they will will receive a portion of the proceeds from each kit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice frames!

Arlene!
University Place flowers

9:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Arlene!

They are really nice, thanks to the perfectionism of the man who makes them. They should yield some really nice pieces of handmade paper.

Elizabeth

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home