Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Gazania - pressed flower collage under construction

I've been getting a few grumblings about my lack of blogging, and yes, I apologize that things have been a bit sparse lately.

I've been feverishly expanding my main garden this year, and have planted many more vegetables, hoping that they will help make a dent in our grocery bills. Also, I'm determined to make my garden more attractive this year - in the past I've made my main garden utilitarian, separating the flowers from the vegetables, and this year I've chosen mainly "ornamental" and colorful vegetable plants, and have attempted to sprinkle them "artistically" among my flowers. We'll see...

However, today is stormy, so I am in the middle of putting together the above pressed flower collage, and hope to finish/frame it by my gallery opening at the Antioch Fine Arts Gallery this Sunday. I'll write more about that soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home