Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Doctor

Here's a card I just finished for Ed and Jean, an older couple at my church. Years ago they gave their doctor one of my cards, and they say that he still raves about it every time he sees them. I think some one must be exaggerating, but that's beside the point.

Anyways, the doctor is having his 80 something birthday this month and they wanted me to make a "large card with lots of flowers" for him. An 80 something doctor? That's what I thought too. But, he's pulled Ed and Jean out of a number of health crises lately, so he must still be pretty much at the top of his game. I hope he has a great birthday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger on-the-rocks said...

Just found your blog.

For what it's worth:

I recall a newspaper article from a few years ago (I live in the Atlanta area). The article was about a woman doctor in rural south Georgia (don't remember quite where), but if my memory hasn't failed me, she was still practicing family medicine past age 90, maybe even in her mid-90s.

Sorry I don't have more details.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's just amazing! These two doctors must really have a passion for what they are doing - I hope more of us can keep our passions as we age.
Thanks for the comment "on-the-rocks"!

Elizabeth

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home