Monday, October 27, 2008

How to store pressed flowers, part 2

Last winter I blogged about my method for storing pressed flowers, but I thought I'd let you know that things have changed around here.

We had number of really damp spells lately here in Wisconsin, and even though I stored my flowers in plastic containers with tight fitting lids, they weren't air tight. I was constantly having to reactivate my silica gel. I keep my pressed flowers at my work area in our basement, and I was worried that the exposure to dampness would affect their ability to retain their bright colors.

Thankfully, I've come up with an improved method that really seems to be working. If you are a pressed flower artist, maybe this new way of storing pressed flowers will work for you too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home