Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Northern Wisconsin


I'm interrupting my normal flower/plant post to bring you this stunning picture I just found on our camera. It was taken on Sunday just before we headed home, by my husband. I'm not sure what I like looking at better...the beautiful fall foliage, the reflection on the lake, or the silhouette of the wispy beach grass in the forefront. Part of me wishes we were still there, in that peaceful place.

Below is another picture, of one of my enthusiastic leaf hunter helpers and I, deep in the north woods looking for "perfect" leaves. We found quite a few - several gallon ziplock bags full.

I will be pressing most of the leaves in regular flower presses , but some of them I will be pressing in the Microfleur, so that I can use them right away.
I was thrilled to find an abundance of really, really red maple leaves this year - some years they tend to be more orange than deep red. They'll come in handy for maple leaf collages.




Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ~ Denise ~ said...

wow, that picture is stunning! Our leaves are just beginning to turn in Virginia and the beauty in your photo increased my anticipation! ;)

great blog - great art, too.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you for your kind words, and your visit, Denise! Enjoy the beauty of autumn down there in Virginia!

Elizabeth

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo !!
Where is your place up north?
I hear that it is past peak where ours is.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Bon, My father-in-law's home is on Virgin Lake, in Three Lakes. I hope you are able to get up to your place before the leaves are all gone!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home