Friday, December 04, 2009

Finished Batik on Paper



Here are a few of the paper batiks I completed last week, after I removed all of the beeswax.  They certainly ended up being interesting pictures to say the least!

The first picture (on the left) was my attempt at drawing/painting with wax.  Now you know why I create my flower pictures by gluing flowers, rather than trying to draw or paint them!

The other two pictures are nature prints, the larger is hosta leaves, and the other picture is a print of geranium leaves on a piece of my handmade paper.  As expected, I found that I definitely need to make my handmade paper stronger in order for it to withstand the batik process, because I lost some of the surface layer while trying to remove the wax.  But, in the places where there was no damage, the effect is wonderful.

I'm really looking forward to experimenting more with batik on my paper this winter. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home