Saturday, January 16, 2010

A different kind of exercise...


It's a quiet Saturday around here and after an extended time away from my Elizabeth's Flowers and leaf petals work (other than filling orders as they came in) I'm happy to pick up from where I left off.

I absolutely love the beginning of the New Year.  I'm not that into "ringing in" the new year, but I love the opportunity to pause and reflect on where I've been, and where I'm headed.  This year I took an extra long time in doing this, and just now finished evaluating how I did with the goals I made last year, and what I want to focus on for the new year. 

Because my mom has Alzheimer's (as did her mom) one of my foremost goals is to exercise  my brain as well as my body.  So not only am I going to keep on getting my regular dose of Sudoku, I am also doing the Revive our Hearts scripture memory program.  Memorizing was always a breeze for me in school, but I've been shocked to see how much repetition it takes for me to memorize now that I'm in my mid-forties. Yikes! But, I'm getting a ton out of doing this so far, and greatly recommend it.  Spiritual growth and brain exercise all in one shot - that's hard to beat. And, it's time well spent.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Patty S. said...

Glad you're back Elizabeth! Missed you.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Martin Walker said...

Hello, Elizabeth.

Interesting that you mention the difficulty of memorizing. Scientists now know that although our brains become less effective at memorizing as we age, they still generate new brain cells. With the right kind of brain fitness exercise we can help them stay sharp.

Best wishes,
Martin
www.mindsparke.com
Brain Fitness Software

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home