Monday, August 20, 2007

The lazy rainy days of August

We are having the most unusual August in my corner of Wisconsin. Sadly much of Wisconsin remains in drought conditions, but the southern border where I live has been skimmed by an almost continual parade of heavy rain storms over the past month. My yard is as lush as it is in May – the grass is a dazzling emerald green, when usually by this time it is a tired brownish “army green.” The most spectacular result of all this rain is the corn. The cornfield that borders my backyard towers above us and, according to the paper, has reached record heights. It’s as if there is a tall green living wall fencing us in.

I’ve been doing a bit more internet surfing lately (which I blame on the rain) and came across a wonderfully inspiring site dripping with creativity. I’ve only begun to explore it, but I wanted to share it with you – just in case it’s raining where you are too.

http://practicallycreative.net/ Be creative today!

The red poppies above are one of three pressed flower pictures I recently created for a customer, in honor of her new baby.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Just wanted to thank you for the link to The Practically Creative Quarter and your lovely comments about my site.

I enjoyed reading your post and imagining that corn field. It must be awesome.

Here in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada things are very wet too. We've had thunderstorms most nights, one lasting 10 hours. That is unheard of around here. Strange days on Planet Earth!

all the best~

2:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nancy,

The link was my pleasure. Thank you for all the efforts you have put into your site - it's a wonderful resource! I look forward to exploring it further.

Kind Regards,
Elizabeth

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home