Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This is fun!

This is an image I just made – via a monochrome photographic printing process.
What does that really mean? I’ll explain: I started with a specially treated fabric square, from the leaf petals botanical print fabric kit. I placed a fern on top of it, and put it outside in the bright sun for ten minutes. Then, I took it inside, and rinsed it thoroughly, and was left with this stunning blue print image of a fern. Isn’t that incredible?
I love these kinds of things!

This image is called a cyanotype, which was an early photographic process. It was used by Anna Atkins; one of the first woman photographers, in the late 1800’s to create some stunning books on ferns and other plants.

The weather forecast for today is bright and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Guess what I’ll be doing this afternoon?



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home