Tuesday, February 26, 2008

...on a wing and a prayer...


"Leaf Mates," is in California this morning along with three of my other botanical collages, at the request of Ryan Garrett Fine Art Consulting. They asked me to overnight them a sample of my work for a presentation they are giving today for a client opening up a new Montage Hotel in Park City, Utah.

I was initially caught off guard but essentially very honored by their request, and I'm hopeful that something good will come out of it. At the very least, I've learned how important it is to be ready to talk about your art, as well as write about your art in a moment's notice. Gratefully this is something that was already on my radar screen, thanks to what I've been learning from Alyson Stanfield's new book, I'd rather be in the Studio.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at that presentation today. I would love to know what the consultants are saying about my work (are they using my words?) how they are presenting it, and what the initial reaction of their client will be.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, break a leg! And I'm thrilled that you got the message.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news Liz?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

No - not yet! I'll let you know...

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home