Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Chicagoland Flower and Garden Show was wonderful! Not only was the convention center brimming with greenery, and thousands of bright flowers, but there was also many interesting displays brimming with my kind of eye candy.
Here's my top 5:

5. The Potting Party - For only $20.00 you could pot up your very own spring container, filled with ivy, mini daffodils, and other spring bulbs. For only $20.00!

4. The First Flower and Garden Art Show - Over 100 artist displayed their garden themed art (well it was mostly flower/garden related). There were no pressed flower artists. Hmm...

3. Garden Conifer's - There was an incredible display of the most unusual conifers I had ever seen. I never knew there was such diversity in color, texture, and shape. The dwarf conifers were amazing.

2. The Seminars - There are free seminars running almost nonstop through out the week, as well as "Garden Gourmet" cooking demonstrations. I went to two excellent seminars, one of which I'll share about later in the week.

1. My favorite thing about the show? The flowers! They were every where. Their spring like scent was heavenly, and they gladdened my winter weary heart.

If your anywhere near Chicago, try to get to the show - it runs through this weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home