Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Gazania - Pressed Flower Art Collage

Here's the completed picture I started Tuesday. This is the first time I have ever grown and pressed gazania flowers, and what a joy they are. I love how the center of each flower is surrounded by bold black dots.

This picture, along with 10 or so others, will be featured at the Antioch Fine Arts Gallery, in Antioch, Illinois, during the month of June. Fellow artist Lisa Clark and I will be having our opening reception from 2:00 - 4:00 this Sunday afternoon, so please feel free to stop by if your in the area!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job!

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers

6:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you Arlene!

Elizabeth

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice opening, Liz and Lisa !!
I so enjoy looking at both of your work.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by Bonnie. I'm glad you came!

Elizabeth

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious, how do you get rid of any tiny insects that might be clinging to these flowers?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dear Photobuffet,

Usually I give each flower a little shake after I cut it, just before I place it in my basket, and that's enough to dislodge any culprits. Occassionally one gets passed me, and the poor bug gets microwaved. It's gross - one of the hazards of my job I guess!

Elizabeth

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home