Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting ready

Here I am doing a little last minute rearranging just before my gallery opening last Sunday. Despite the threat of stormy weather, artist Lisa Clark and I actually had visitors. Later that evening after our gallery festivities were over, we had yet another tornado warning back in Twin Lakes. I believe it was the second or third one during the last 3 days.

Did you know that Wisconsin lost one of its most popular lakes on Monday? Due to excessive rain and flooding, the shore of Lake Delton gave way and the huge, very popular lake drained away in less than two hours. Unbelievable.

Things like that remind me of how little power we humans actually have in the grand scheme of things. I'm so thankful I'm on His side...not that I, and my family are immune to sudden disasters, we aren't. But, God promises that "all things work together for good" for all of us who love and follow Him. He has a purpose for everything that happens, for our good - that is awesome.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz.. you and Lisa had a nice opening. Congrats !

It totally amazes me of the forces and power of nature and how small we, as humans, actually are in this world.
Stand next to a mountain and you will really feel HIS power at work.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Bonnie. Or, stand by the sea and feel His power too!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home