Wednesday, September 24, 2008

new life for rejects...


Sunday was interesting. At our church potluck I sat near a visiting missionary. She is stationed in Lebanon and works with Palestinians in refugee camps (I won't use her name for safety's sake.) It was amazing to hear her story, and her love for the people she works with was very evident.

She likes to do crafts when working with the Lebanese women, because it's something they never had the luxury of spending time and money on. While she was explaining how hard it is for her to obtain certain craft materials there, it occurred to me that I might have something she could use. When I was first putting my Going Green paper making kits together, it took my craftsmen and I awhile to get our acts together, so I ended up with a number of "reject" mold and deckles that are perfectly usable, but not quite nice enough to sell.

While the potluck was winding down, I zipped home to get my box of "rejects," along with one of my instruction booklets an assortment of paper making inclusions. She was thrilled. Recycling scrap paper to make new creations would be a perfect fit.

I don't know how many times I was tempted to toss the box away, just to get it out of the way. But now it's amazing to me that parts of my paper making kits are going all the way to Lebanon.

It's neat to see how God works.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home