Friday, September 12, 2008

You frame it Friday: Orange Cosmos Flowers


Orange Cosmos are among the cheeriest flowers I know. The brilliance of their color never fades, and I love how the flowers tend to dance and bob above their sharp, finely cut foliage.

However, I don't always like pressing orange cosmos. Sometimes for no reason (that I can tell) cosmos flowers turn dark when I press them in the Microfleur. The very next time they all turn out perfect - no rhyme or reason. Their leaves always press perfectly, but are very brittle when dried. I skip my morning diet mountain dew when working with those very delicate leaves.

However tedious they can be, they are definitely worth the effort. I make a lot pressed flower pictures for myself with sayings or verses I want to remember, and I've noticed that I tend to choose cosmos.
This "Orange Cosmos" flower art picture is sealed with 2 different UV resistant and moisture proof polymers, so it's all ready for you to pop into a standard 8 x 10" frame, or even an 11 x 14" frame, with standard matting. If I were framing this, I would go with an 8 x 10" frame with a plain white mat.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home