Monday, January 22, 2007

Mantra


I received my latest edition of “Zonya’s E-news" the other day, from the high energy PBS nutrition and fitness guru Zonya Foco. I admire her zany upbeat nature, and find her family nutrition tips very helpful. But what really caught my eye this time around was her suggestion to adopt a two word mantra to motivate you in an area that you’d like to improve.

Of course she encouraged healthy mantras such as “nutritious and active”, but I found her strategy very interesting:

“Pick the words that can change your life the most and represent what you are ready to change the most. And then go for it! Tape the written words to your refrigerator, bathroom mirror, computer monitor and coffee cup. Perhaps program them to be the opening greeting on your cell phone, computer or PDA. Chant your mantra often and watch your “new year/all year” resolution come true!”

Since I’ve been on a quest during the past year or so to cultivate a more grateful heart, (with mixed results) I’m going to take Zonya’s suggestion, and adopt my own “give thanks” mantra. I love the idea of programming it into the opening greeting of my cell phone, computer, and PDA – those are all places I tend to be absorbed in my business, and quickly forget about being grateful to my Creator.

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what He has done. " 1 Chronicals 16:8

Isn't awesome how He can speak to us in so many different ways...even in an e-news letter.

Thanks, God.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!!! i checkd ur blog luv the way u created beautiful cards vt pressed flowers iam also very fond making stuff using dried flowers r watever i can collect :-)....its been pleasure.....
u can chk my wrk here
http://nirmla.blogspot.com/2006/06/inspire-me-thursday-in-good.html

8:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nirmalla,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I looked at your work as well, and it is stunning! The love you have for the beauty around you is evident. Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home