Thursday, August 17, 2006

Holy Autumn Leaf Cards?



The kids and I have been finding a surprising amount of “lacy leaves” the last few weeks or so, and I’m beginning to wonder if I will be able to find enough “unholy” autumn leaves for my autumn leaf cards this year!

Apparently Japanese Beetles are to blame. As much as I detest those annoying pests while I wage war against them to keep them away from my flowers, I have to admire their handiwork. By munching away the soft parts of the leaves, the beetles leave behind a stunning, intricate skelaton, much more interesting than the "fake" mass produced skelaton leaves commonly seen in craft and scrapbooking stores.

I'm looking forward to using a few of these hauntingly beautiful leaves in some of my framed autumn leaf collages this year. Who knows, I even may make a few cards with them.

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home