Friday, June 13, 2008

Pretty in Pink

Pink flowers are the order of the day in this week's "You frame it Friday" pressed flower art picture. I don't have a lot of pink flowers at the moment, so when my little daisy plants started blooming yesterday I pressed some of the flowers right away.

This pressed flower art collage is mounted on an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of Gilbert Oxford card stock, to give you plenty of framing options. You may choose to frame it in a small 5 x 7" frame with or with out a mat, but better yet it can be framed in an 8 x 10" frame with a standard mat, or even an 11 x 14" frame, which would allow the deckled edges of the handmade paper to show.

The daisies have been sealed with a UV and moisture resistant sealant, but as with all fine art, I would recommend using acid free matting and UV resistant glass or acrylic.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look lovely and it gives me an idea for mounting some flowers my son has pressed. Thank you for your inspiration

12:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Welcome miss 376! Thank you so much for your kind comment. I am glad my flowers could be a source of inspiration for you! I checked out your blogs, and love your embroidery work...and your pets!

Elizabeth

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Keep up the great work...I'm thinking I might give this a try!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you Ryan. You should give it a try! I'm always happy to help.

Elizabeth

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home