Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stopping By
























Yellow Gazania

Pressed Botanicals on Handmade Paper, Unframed
11" x 14"
Private Collection


I've been a hermit
.
I’ve been working overtime trying to get reorganized for the year ahead in regards to both my home, as well as my art. And I’ve been spending too much time (I know!) pouring over seed catalogs, drinking in all of the beautiful pictures, dreaming of this year's gardens, and trying (in vain) not to order more seeds than I can plant.

Like last year, I will be ordering even more vegetables, since that worked out so well for us last summer. This poses a bit of a challenge, however, since I don't really have a dedicated space for them. I have so many perennials dotted through out my gardens, as well as lots of annuals that faithfully reseed themselves each year, so I will have to squeeze my vegetables in where I can. I'm ordering a number of attractive ornamental vegetables, and will also be "hiding" some of my not so good looking vegetables behind screens of cosmos and calendula.

As usual, I have given myself permission to buy one non pressable, non edible, non useful plant - just for fun. This year's fun plant is the medusa ornamental pepper. I plan on using it as an edging plant for my front yard garden, with a back drop of purple basil, which should really lend a riot of unexpected color by mid summer. Can't wait!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home