Monday, March 22, 2010

Plantable Paper Making workshop coming up...


Plantable seed paper is all the rage right now and is very pricey…. so why not learn to make your own?

On Saturday April 24th I'll be teaching a workshop on how to recycle the paper we commonly find in our home or office to create plantable handmade paper.  Plant-able  handmade paper can be used to make wonderful greeting cards, wedding or baby shower favors, hang tags, wedding confetti, etc.

In this three hour “hands on” workshop each student will learn the basics of making handmade paper, and will make a number of different seed papers, in different colors, shapes, and sizes.

Class size is limited due to the “hands on” nature of this class.  For more information on AFAF classes, please visit the Antioch Fine Arts Foundation website.

Plantable Paper Making Workshop
Saturday, April 24
9:00 am – Noon, at the Antioch Fine Arts Gallery, Antioch, IL.

Feel free to email me with any questions! 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Homemanager said...

Elizabeth, what a great idea! Have a blessed class!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Karen!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Becky Rabb said...

omgosh! I am so stoked that I came across you when I was searching for paper making kits! Then I found your blog link! :) :)

...I had a question, I was looking at the journals you make. Did you bind them as well, or just make the paper that is on the front of the journal? I love making journals, especially when I know that the recipient will use it as a prayer journal! :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Welcome Rebecca!

I don't bind my journals - I ordered them a few years ago, and paid extra to have the company cut out a rectangle on the front cover, so that I could incorporate a piece of my handmade paper with pressed flowers into the cover.

I checked out your blogs - your journals are beautiful!

Elizabeth

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home