Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday already?

It has been a busy week of swimming lessons, extra kids (there are a number of kids hanging around here that aren't mine, but they seem to think they are), and Vacation Bible School. Once again I claimed to be too busy to be in charge of the crafts again this year, but my pleas went unheeded.

Thankfully, it's been an unexpected blessing to participate in my church's VBS this year. Because my church is really small, we were sent a number of "missionaries," and this year we have a number of Hmong teenagers from a church in Milwaukee helping us out. They seem to enjoy the rural feel of our church, and the kids are loving their enthusiasm. I'm enjoying learning about their culture and hearing their unique perspective about their faith.

I want to say a special "thanks" to Tim Challies who listed me as a "Proverbs 31 Woman" on his blog last week. If you've ever read Proverbs 31, starting at verse 10, you'll realize that the woman in that chapter is beyond amazing. She does it all. And then some. When I read that chapter I get tired. Then, I feel hopeless.. until I get to the subtle clue at the second to last verse: "a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Fear, (as in reverence), faith in the Lord, following the Lord... I've been learning that this is what is needed to be the kind of woman I should be. It's a tall order, but not too tall for Him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home