Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Microfleur Tutorial: How to Press Crocus Flowers


I was thrilled to find out a few months ago that I would be allowed to be a U.S. distributor of the Microfleur Microwave Flower Press. I bought my Microfleur press 5 years ago this May, and since then it has been in almost constant use. I am constantly amazed at how well it works in preserving the brilliant colors of flowers and foliage, almost instantly!

The following is the first in a series of flower pressing tutorials, using the Microfleur Flower Press.

“How to Press Crocus Flowers using the Microfleur”

Happy Pressing!

The Microfleur is designed and manufactured by Beeline Products Pty Ltd, of Queensland, Australia.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Queenslander and found the Microfleur at a craft show 8 years ago. While I did employ other methods, it's the only method I now use for flower and herb pressing.

I am delighted to have found your site, not only for its content but that you utilise the same tools as well.

Happy pressing! :)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Annette Harrison said...

My dear Elizabeth

I love your latest cosmos picture!

Please make your friendly local mother-in-law one in a color that will go in my green bedroom. At least that way we'll get started on some of these pictures I need. My walls are SO bare!

You may delete this comment, if you so desire. :>)

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad you are approved to be and distributor of the Microfleur. I first came across the MF at a small art and craft show in a tiny town in rural Victoria, Australia. My mother bought it for me then (i was 12) and i have been using it for the past 10 years making cards for friends and family. Now its getting more serious and is quite a good little business. Thanks for writing about it - there isnt much information about it on the internet anywhere! Keep up the good blogs.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home