Monday, July 19, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new.



Starting today, I'm changing the focus of my blog.

My friend Bonnielynn and I are taking the "31 days to a better blog Problogger Challenge" together (along with about 400 other women!) and our first task is to write an "elevator pitch" i.e. a short blurb describing to focus of our blogs.

I was hoping to be able to jump right in to something exciting like learning the secret to gaining thousands of new followers in 2 easy steps...but alas there was much wisdom to starting out with this slow, thought provoking task.

Forcing oneself to stop and look intently at why we do something is almost always worth it's weight (time?) in gold, isn't it?  For some time now I have felt guilty that my blog has been less about my promoting my art, and more about "other" things.   But, after looking at how and why I started my blog five years ago, and where it has ended up now, I realized that not only am I celebrating my passion for all things botanical, I am also sharing my passion.  And, even more importantly, and much to my delight, others are increasingly sharing their passion with me.  This web place is becoming more of a sharing place, where others who share a wonder, love, and appreciation for the beauty and simplicity of plants and flowers can come.   

This blog is about "Sharing and celebrating the beauty of all things botanical." 

What do you need to look more closely at? 



Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bonnielynn said...

Good job, Liz !!
I like the wording much better.......celebrating/ sharing and Botanicals.......sounds better than Plants.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Bon! I dislike having to "focus and analyze" but it pays off.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Luster Canyon said...

A new follower, and I look forward to your posts and seeing how your new task develops. :)
We would love to have you as a follower too. :)
Have a great week!!!

Luster Canyon Blog

4:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for following Stacie! Your soaps look very tempting...
I hope you have a great week too!

Elizabeth

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home